Tuesday, 15 February 2011
Bernard Pivot Blogfest and...
Today, February 16th is the Bernard Pivot Blogfest, hosted by the fabulous Nicole Duclerior at her blog One Significant Moment at a Time. For more about the blogfest you can see details, including links to all the participants here. The idea is to get to know eachother by answerin the Bernard Pivot questionairre.
Here it is, with my answers:
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Music has always been a passion of mine and I find it truly inspiring. There is one problem though. If I have music playing while I write, I find myself staring into space, enjoying the music, instead of writing. Sadly that means I usually write in silence.
4. What turns you off?
Inconsiderate behaviour or unkindness, most body fluids, politicians.
5. What is your favorite curse word?
Bugger! If you've never said it - with passion - you really must try.
6. What sound or noise do you love?
Pop - glug, glug, glug...
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
Persistent barking from my neighbor's dogs (or is it from my neighbor?)
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I always thought it would be fun to be an astronaut.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
There's a really nice chap who comes here once every couple of years to empty our sceptic tank. I *really* don't want his job.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
101 was a great old age, well done!
Thanks for coming by. Do drop in on the other participants and say Hi to them. Thanks Nicole for a fun blogfest.
...and Thank You
I'd like to say a big thank you to J C Martin, Fighter Writer for awarding me the Write Hard award.
I'm particularly grateful because J C Martin has been an inspiration to me. Her writing is amazing, her talent is great and she is a lovely person. If you haven't seen her blog, then please do visit it here. You'll be glad you did.